Orthodontic treatment can focus on dental displacement only, or can deal with the control and modification of facial growth. Orthodontic treatment can be carried out for purely aesthetic reasons with regards to improving the general appearance of patients’ teeth. However, there are orthodontists who work on reconstructing the entire face rather than focusing exclusively on teeth.
- A composite veneer
- A porcelain veneer may only be indirectly fabricated.
Who Works in Orthodontics?
Dentists who have an additional two to three years of education and specialized training in tooth movement and the guidance of facial development are called Orthodontists. Orthodontists work as a team with your dentist to maximize your smile and improve your dental health.
Reasons to See the Orthodontist
You or your child may be referred by your dentist to see an Orthodontist if you have any of the following:
- Your child has early or late loss of baby teeth
- Your child has a finger-sucking or oral habit
- You or your child have difficulty in chewing or biting
- You or your child breathe solely through your mouth
- You or your child have crowded, misplaced, over-lapping, protruding or blocked-out teeth
- You or your child have jaws that shift, protrude or retrude
- You or your child have speech difficulty
- You or your child have a facial imbalance or asymmetry
- You or your child have imbalanced teeth or missing teeth
Orthodontists offer many services for both children and adults to help better align their teeth, and not just for cosmetic reasons. Talk with your dentist today and discuss whether seeing an Orthodontist is the next step in your dental plan.
Visit Dr. Sam Saadat of Newbury Park Dentist for all your dental needs at a convenient location in Newbury Park, near Thousand Oaks