- A composite veneer may be directly placed (built-up in the mouth), or indirectly fabricated by a dental technician in a dental laboratory, and later bonded to the tooth, typically using a resin cement such as Panavia.
- A porcelain veneer may only be indirectly fabricated.
When Are Veneers Recommended?
There are several reasons your dentist may recommend veneers for your teeth. Some of these reasons include:
- Discolored or stained teeth
- Worn down, chipped or broken teeth
- Misaligned, uneven or irregularly shaped teethe
- To help “fill the gap” between two otherwise healthy teeth
With proper care and dental hygiene, a veneer has a lifespan of 5-10 years.
Visit Dr. Sam Saadat of Newbury Park Dentist for all your dental needs at a convenient location in Newbury Park, near Thousand Oaks